Saturday, March 2, 2013

Miniature Masterworks Show

Live an Artful Life Gallery http://www.liveanartfullife.com/ in The Plains, Virginia is hosting a "Small Works of Art" show from June 19 - July 7, 2013.  How can this be that suddenly small works of art have become so popular in my "neighborhood".  Two paintings can be submitted.  Tomorrow I'm meeting up with my art club (more on that later), I will let them decide which two of the three I should select for the show.  Feel free to submit your comment / vote!

My Sweet Clementine Handpicked from an Asian market for its crown of leaves cascading over a beautiful, bright Clementine. 6 x 6" oil on RayMar smooth cotton canvas panel.  



 





Blushing White RoseSingle white rose with a pink center – reminds me of a blushing bride. Lavender background evokes femininity, nostalgia and romance. 6 x 6" oil on gessoboard.  










Morning Fox Given this is serious horse country - fox hunting is hugely popular.  My art club challenge was to paint a fox, so I just had to do it.  It is one of two foxes on our doorstep one morning, romping around together.  A fun pair, this one loved to pose for the camera. BTW, Vienna, VA is closer to the big city of Washington DC than fox country - go figure.  10 x 8" oil on gessoboard.