Thursday, June 20, 2013

It’s All About Me – How Rad!

Okay, you caught me - tongue in cheek title.  Blushing. . . 

You know I love, love, love radishes -- not sure why, but they are so much fun.  Maybe if you eat your subjects, you can relate to them on a much deeper level.  HA, HA.    I get so excited painting a favorite food, in a favorite quirky saucer / bowl, with vibrant colors and the subtle shadows that I find so irresistible!   Simple is so much fun.  I hope you love it too.  

How Rad!


Have you noticed lately that radishes are now being sold in technicolor-bunches?  Our local stores have them grouped with red, white, purple, magenta and mauve!  I don't know what's up with that, but they all taste differently (and delightfully so - try 'em), not like the German white radishes I grew up with that were long and skinny. . . .    

Intrigued, I painted two of the round white radishes out of the bunch.  Will post that one this weekend.  

Meanwhile, here's the big news, I am putting Garlic Four Ways on auction Saturday 6/22.  There's been a lot of interest and I am buoyed by the recent sale of Lemons Four Ways.  What's not to like???