Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30in30 - Final Persimmon


Well I got one last one in - so 15 of 30 maybe is not so bad for a beginner.  Quite a challenge painting every day!  I learned a ton and built up some much needed confidence.  It was truly a great experience.  The plan is to take some of the key concepts and keep it going.  My biggest challenge is what to paint, so found that getting prepared up front really worked well.  Once I got on a roll though, I stopped the pre-planning and I think that's what derailed my progress.  After all, I had ideas through "P" and thought that would be enough.  Lesson here is, never stop planning for what you want!

Fuji Persimmon
30in30 Day 30

At the end of the challenge Leslie shared a cool site for making photo collages.  It is free and simple.  Just go to PicMonkey and select "create a collage".  Here's mine.



Click here to see the final page of artists and their collages.



Thank you for sharing this adventure with me and reading my blog.   

6 comments:

  1. Hi Johnna - I have to tell you I can pick out your work now on the 30 in 30! Love your style! Congrats on your accomplishment - it was quite the challenge. Looking forward to seeing more of you work. Would love to connect on facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/kellielynnart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie - nice to meet you! I see you are also on DPW - thought your name looked familiar. Hopefully, when I like your fb page that will make the connection.

      Delete
  2. Congrats for the 30/30 Challenge, Johnna! Enjoyed seeing your work... Persimmon is one of my favorites. Rest up for January 2014, we'll do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am humbled by comments from such great artists. I wish I had time to look at everything. OMG I just checked you out and instantly see you have the artist eye I'm looking for. Just signed up for your blog. YAY. Thank you so much. p.s. I'm in for January and hope I can get it together. . . .

      Delete
  3. Hey Johanna, I almost sent you an email through DPW but got distracted and here I found you another way. I suppose it's kizmet. I dropped by your blog to invite you to my GIFTS AND DECORATIONS ART PARTY.

    This is similar to the 30 paintings in 30 days, but Less pressure. More fun! I've set the links to rotate everyone to the top, you can post just once or up to 24 paintings leading up to the holidays and it has a holiday theme. The registration is here and I will send out links each day if you FOLLOW MY BLOG on the left. I do hope to see some of your lovely work at the party. http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/2013/11/gifts-and-decorations-art-party-begins.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! sounds like fun.

      Delete