Saturday, November 9, 2013

Little Creamer

On my way back from visiting the art show in Millwood Virginia, I stopped off at a little antique store and bought this darling little creamer - it was made by the Syracuse China Corporation (1895 - 2009).  I don't know much about antiques but between Google and Wiki, now know this one was created in the fall of 1983 making it 30 years old.  Has it really been 30 years???  What were you doing in 1983?   That thought brought back some very fond memories.  What a fun little adventure learning something that doesn't really matter.  Maybe tomorrow I'll search to see if something 30 years old is really an antique.  If so, I'm one too!  LOL.   

I'm trying pansies in the deck pots this year since the garden center said they are hardy and "even the coldest winter night won’t kill these pansies."  Well, we'll see about that.  So far they look wonderful.  For the locals, I highly recommend Meadows Farms Nurseries. Their newsletter has lots of tips, discounts, and ideas.   

Antique Creamer with Pansy

This painting will go on auction Sunday 11/10/2013, click here to bid.