Thursday, November 14, 2013

More Happiness and a Holiday Pear

I just found out that this week is the National Pursuit of Happiness Week!  How odd that my last post was on happiness.  I guess that's just some kind of karma.   So wishing you good luck in your pursuit of happiness - one of our inalienable American rights.


Earlier this week I tried to paint one of my favorite holiday ornaments which is a golden pear encrusted with ice-looking crystals and glitter.  Well that didn't work out very well - it looked like a pear gone wild. So I whipped out my "artistic license" card and turned it into a semi-realistic, loose painting of a happier pear. Hopefully, one that would qualify for a role in the holiday song about a partridge in a pear tree! Painting on a slick, black background was an experiment to create additional drama.  I also did some glazing which I think adds more interest.  I love the way it turned out, so it's off to auction with this one.  

Holiday Pear
click here to bid

Important: blogger has changed the contrast and brightness on my photo, please use the gallery link or the above "click here to bid" link to see a better rendering of the actual painting.

Enjoy, and oh yeah, pursue some happiness!

Johnna