Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mid-Summer Night’s Gardenia

This month’s Art club challenge was to paint a “night” painting – think Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh. Well the art hostess knocked out an amazing version of it!  Beautiful painting.  Again, I say to myself, "why didn't I think to take a photo of it?"  GL said she had a great time and really got her out of her usual routine.  That’s always a good thing for an artist.  A bit too much of a challenge for me this week, but led me to searching for various night scenes until I found another awe-inspiring photo (from Eddie G PaintMyPhoto).  Can't you just sense the coolness of the evening, the wonderful gardenia aroma, and feel the anticipation of the bloom about to open at any minute?   I hope my version conveys all that ambiance!  

Mid-Summer Night's Gardenia
6"x6"
Click Here to Bid

For my DC area locals, the 8 Chains North winery gallery will be up for a few more weeks. Please stop by and take a look! I'm hoping to be out there on Sunday August 30th.

Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,

Johnna