Thursday, December 17, 2015

Fall Art Class Setup Take 4

Next in the series of class paintings - my favorite!  I'll admit that backing off the bright colors creates a painting that draws you further into the subject and allows you to linger a bit longer.  Not that I really know what I'm talking about, but it seems that way to me -- guess that's all about "the eye of the beholder."  This was a great setup and both fun and challenging to paint.  The Google told me the pot is actually camping gear for making coffee.  Was hoping for something much more exotic!  Makes it kind of hard to come up with a good title, so will just go with the literal.

Blue Graniteware with Cabbage and Onions
click to view / purchase

Now you're probably wondering where Take 1 and Take 2 have wandered off to -- planning to finish those next year.  Take 6 will be next and Take 5 needs just a few more tweaks.

Lastly, I'm trying to work up the energy to do another 30 paintings in 30 days for January. . . more on that later.

Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,

Johnna