Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Catching Up

Been busy around here lately – or at least a few things going on. Basically, artist happy moments! 

First, I received a request for an art swap that ended up with the Morning Fox heading off to Easton MD where I know he will be very happy assuming he doesn’t tangle with the resident pooch!  In return, he had my artist friend, Kathie Rogers (link to her website), send her beautiful Goldfinch and Hydrangea painting that I will always cherish.  Art is so wonderful, it’s hard to stop staring at it and it is such a great reminder of fun times together.
 
Morning Fox
8 x 10


Secondly, out of the blue one of my favorite paintings sold - Window in Paris – now located in Chicago, just in time to warm up the place before winter sets in.  I just love when someone goes through art on DailyPaintworks and picks ME!  Secretly, I wish I knew how they go about it. . . . 

Window in Paris
6 x 6















Lastly, I took a weekend workshop from an amazing artist -- Lisa Daria.  Will blog about it tomorrow.  Lots of practice paintings, drills and new ways to approach a painting. Considerably more abstract than my normal style – if I have a style????   I am also going to try and incorporate some of her “lessons to live by” to help make time to paint and keep motivated.  Her daily paintings are here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/lisa-daria-46/artwork

Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,

Johnna