Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Las Vegas

First, a special note – those of you who know me, know I believe “life is about making memories.”  Particularly thrilled that Summer Dreams is off to a new home in New Jersey to commemorate a very special memory.  The buyer sent me the following note.
“Your painting is stunning and will be a gift to my husband for our anniversary. We were married twenty-four years ago in France and ate lobster for dinner. Since that day, we eat lobster every year in celebration. I know your painting will be cherished along with that memory.”
Perhaps it was the small note I put on my gallery for the painting - The reference photo for this painting is from Luciole who is from Normandy France which just makes me wish for summer, the smell of the ocean, vacations, and daydreaming. How about you?

Hmmmm. . .  I guess the time taken to provide a story behind a painting is worth the effort.  All I know for sure, is this event made my day and definitely a new memory added to my life!

There are thousands of daffodil names, but felt like a winner when I discovered this one is called Las Vegas.  This simple daffodil has a ton of subtle shadows which looked great next to the white petals and deep yellow/orange center.   Naturally thought I could knock this one out, but it took quite a while to get it “right.”  

Las Vegas Daffodil
click to zoom / purchase

Photo reference Nicole.Faulkner PMP-Art.com

Enjoy, life is joy we make one moment at a time – Johnna