Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sweet Clementine Surprise

When I went to pick up my paintings from the Live an Artful Life Gallery in The Plains Virginia last Monday, I discovered that My Sweet Clementine was purchased at the very last minute!.  I got the “no sale” email the day before, so was doubly delighted.  Plus my good friend (let’s just call her GL) went with me and we had a grand old time talking with the natives (its amazing how an hour from my home (less than 20 miles from DC) is a simpler, wonderful, rural, hardworking, people-oriented delight!  Luckily my friend navigated me through the terrain.   

I thought Morning Fox would sell at the show but apparently there are too many foxes out there this month. People in that area LOVE foxes.  The good news is I will submit him to the Clarke County, Art at the Mill show coming up this fall – I am hoping he will be accepted and find a few friends out there!  This is a fantastic venue if you are looking for a variety of art, at great prices, by famous, near famous and emerging artists.  Apparently, people come from all over including buyers from NYC, DC, FL, etc. making it our little Shenandoah Mountain secret which just so happens to be around the time the leaves are turning into amazing colors. Go to this link for details.   Psssssst, for my locals, I can get you into the reception for free.  Now I just gotta come up with four other paintings to make the submission worthwhile! 

I’m actually quite sorry to see this sweetie go – it is a real favorite of mine.

My Sweet Clementine



p.s. Posting excuses abound, but last week was my birthday, Independence Day holiday, and my wedding anniversary!  Enjoy life. . .