Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year

The holiday art sale was a real boost - I was thoroughly delighted that four paintings sold.  Even better, I got to deliver them in person - it is always extraordinary when people connect through art.   I don't think it matters if they like the same things or not, but having it in common really does seem "out of the ordinary."  I learned that having one of my works become a part of the buyer's amazing collection is a pretty mind-blowing experience that I don't think really hit me until days later.  Another painting was purchased as a gift and is headed to Europe.  The giftee moved last summer literally across the street from where I lived in Germany several years ago.  That shared experience, and now this painting, shows me there are no boundaries. How does something like this happen with someone who also lived across the street from where I live now?  Extraordinary!  Art has truly become a personal journey as each chapter unfolds.  

Here are the paintings that sold.  I'm hoping that blogging and thinking about art will help get me motivated and "resolute" about the new year!   

Quatro 
Orange-Rageous


Delish!
The Star

Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,