Saturday, May 14, 2016

Looking into Summer - Cosmos

Even though spring has hardly even gotten started around here, cold and dreary of late, I found this beautiful and inspiring photo from Viacheslav (his title).  Always a challenge interpreting his awesomely talented photography, but just had to take a run at it.  Rather happy with the way it turned out, despite having to re-work it a few times.  I love the white flower, saying it’s all about ME!

Looking into Summer - Cosmos
click to zoom / purchase


Enjoy, life is joy we make one moment at a time,


p.s. Not going to dwell on the Mill Show, but will spend some time this week tweaking prices on Daily Paintworks - so perhaps a more affordable venue (the Mill commission is much higher than via DPW).  One of the workers there suggested that I consider more decorative frames.  Not sure where I picked it up, but have a very strong bias toward low profile frames so that they don’t interfere with the art.  Much is written on this topic and many feel it’s critical to have a very elaborate / complementary frame. Maybe someday, but for now, I trust buyers will fall in love with the art and then find the perfect frame for their style.  One caveat, I have some fabulous frames that I plan to create paintings just for the frame.  Maybe there’s hope for me yet!  

Artists, what's your experience?  Buyers?