Thursday, August 23, 2018

Tone Deaf

Not exactly sure why, but I only had one music class as a teen - 7th grade. While my sisters learned to play the piano, I was off in my own little world making things - sewing, knitting, papier-mâché and other craft-like projects. 

That's why this class set-up was a deer-in-the-headlights moment.  But again, tackling something new seems to have a way of working out - and always a great confidence booster.  The instructor must have thought I crawled out of a cave because I didn't even know the words for the parts that I was having trouble with. . . . F-holes anyone?  ha, ha.

After explaining my gap in musicology, I asked if this was a violin or a fiddle and he said, "you always buy a fiddle, but sell a violin."  Makes sense to me!  Sharing the moment with a fine cognac would make for a great ending to the day.  I think I hear soft music playing in the background. . . .

Buy a Fiddle, Sell a Violin
click to zoom / inquire

Enjoy, life is joy we make one moment at a time – Johnna