Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Where Did She Go?

Who knows, but hard to believe a month has flown by.  Decided to finally renovate the master bath, so that will be my excuse.  Much still to do, but the sledge hammers will be flying in a few short weeks. 

Meanwhile the art monthly challenge was to paint something big so decided to finally finish a pile of large paintings.  Luckily there's a show being held in late September which is extra motivation to get them spruced up and on their way.  I'll post them over the next few days while keeping fingers-crossed they make it into the show.  Then more finger-crossing hoping they find new happy homes.

All were set ups from a class late last year - I am always challenged with what to paint and how to get the composition right. The "evil" teachers love to challenge us with mixed subjects and things (I for one) would have never thought to paint.  Somehow unfamiliar objects turn out better than expected - no doubt because you have to stop thinking about what it is and just paint the shapes you see.

Here's my favorite - always wanted to paint my black teapot and the abacus.  Super fun doing the gold and loved adding my coin mobile to the mix because it seemed something should fill that space. 

Far East Charms
click to zoom / inquire

As you would expect, my classmates were none too happy with my contributions that day.  Mix it up, try new things, be a little uncomfortable!

Enjoy, life is joy we make one moment at a time – Johnna