Friday, July 30, 2021

July - Mid Summer Challenge

Great timing for a summer 30 day art throw-down despite life’s challenges!  Be sure to check out all the artists in The Miller's #30midsummer Hashtag Challenge on Instagram.  Thrilled that I managed to do a few paintings and adored the weekly motivations, but . . . . life is challenging too.  Here's a collage of the results - just click on the picture and you'll be taken to my gallery to get the backstories, zoom-in detail and purchase options.  Shipping is free! 

Have to mention a couple of firsts.  The grey heron in action begged me to paint it (wet birds & wet fish, you know).  Love how the reference photo was backlit.  Hopefully captured some of the drama in the moment.  Last minute hummingbird came out really well and getting a lot of Instagram likes and comments.  The pie looks good enough to eat, but "I'm just not a pie-person," said my five year old niece many years ago. I wonder if that's still true, now that she's all grown up?

Happy to report that the flamingo literally flew off the canvas to a home nearby.  I think the turquoise challenge influenced more than a few subsequent choices.  ha ha.  Most recent to earliest, way better images when you click on the photo:




Enjoy, life is joy we make one moment at a time - thank you for stopping by,