Friday, April 4, 2014

It's Springtime, Let's Get Hopping!

It seems no matter what culture or religion, everyone embraces spring!  What's not to like with the earlier dawn, warmer weather, beautiful nature evolving. . . .  All I know is there's a kick in the air and we all want to be a part of it!

Story time - My art club challenge was to paint a bunny (Easter/Spring, you get that right?).  Egads, I don't paint animals - well okay a few, but a soft fluffy bunny?  Yikes! In desperation, started researching photos and discovered the most amazing artist -- Hue Li check it out - the gallery is here, look for the "What's Up" painting.   Adorable.

Honey Bunny
click here to bid


On top of having the most amazing bunny, Hue Li was so generous granting rights to me and providing a wise Chinese saying that I will keep near-and-dear to my heart when painting animals.    To me, it takes a ton of talent to visualize something outside of what you see in a still life or photo.  Kudos for creating such a wonderful, animated painting and letting me paint way outside my box.   I love this guy/gal and will be sorry to see it go, but alas this is what I do now.    

Double down, my challenge to my art club is to paint a humorous, animated subject.  Now I have to pursue more things outside of my comfort zone, but that's what is all about.  Woo hoo. 

Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time.  Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.  Comments much appreciated. 

Johnna