Sunday, January 3, 2016

In Search of Gold

Nothing like a weekend to get organized.  Finally got a bit of a rhythm started and hope it gets me through the challenge.  I think finishing a class focused on large, complicated canvas paintings had me struggling to reconnect with my favorite simple, small panels.  My goal is to paint more loosely and this challenge is perfect for that – the daily practice works wonders and so does the smaller format.  Fingers crossed. 

Today’s painting is not really loose, but pushing me in the right direction.  Okay, not really gold either – it just makes me feel better to pretend I have a theme.  Regardless, I bet there are some interesting stories behind whatever door this key opened! 

The Key
click to view / purchase


Photo reference MorgueFile Clarita, Key

Appreciate all the feedback and comments – keep them coming!

Enjoy, life is joy we make one moment at a time.