Friday, September 11, 2015

30 in 30 Tangerine Tango – Day 12

Painting this photo has been on my to-do list for awhile. To me, the leaves are more interesting than the fruit, just look how the tangerines are surrounded – must be time to tango!  Some of you are probably thinking, well she doesn’t care much for eating oranges, so that’s why she’s looking at the leaves.  It’s kinda funny because I LOVE the color orange and frequently paint things just because of the color.  

I do like how this turned out, but it took me three times as long to paint it which is not really a good thing for this challenge, but it is a good thing for me every once in a while.  Especially now - class starts next week so I need to switch into painting a still life for two weeks and a minimum of six hours "mode" using a more traditional style of layering paint.  I learn a lot from both perspectives.

Tangerine Tango


In the big news department: Lucky Ladybug is at it again and snagged me a spot on the "DPW Facebook picks of the day!" list (click)  Not the first one I’ve received, but the second – which is pretty much the same to me – one happy & lucky girl.  I just love it when we share in this journey. 
  
Photo reference is from one of my favorite photographers on PMP, Viacheslav, Tangerines.

Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,