Wednesday, September 2, 2015

30 in 30 For Real, Yellow Coneflowers? Day 3

The Google (I love that phrase) tells me that yes, indeed yellow coneflowers exist – botanical name, Echinacea Paradoxa.  A paradox because they are usually purple/pink.  Okay then, nothing better than a paradox to set your imagination free. Learned that the definition of paradox includes “vicious circularity,” Google it if inclined.  I point this out because the photographer and I both live in towns called Vienna – hers is in Europe and mine is in Virginia.  What are the chances of that happening? Not to mention I visited her beautiful city many years ago . Circular, for sure. I just love the coincidence and learning that comes from doing something outside your “normal.”

One of my absolute favorite summer flowers so had to go for it - thrilled to find out they also come in yellow!

Yellow Coneflower
Click here to purchase - Daily Paintworks


The reference for this painting is from Gerlinde Lehner Summerflower on the new PaintMyPhoto website


Thanks for sharing the journey.  Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,