Monday, September 7, 2015

30 in 30 Open the Window – Day 8

Trying something new that has intrigued me for awhile – windows!  When I lived in Germany, I was told the windows were the “eyes of the house.”  It has always stuck with me, although I’ve not heard that phrase since.  Perhaps a European convention.  

The painting today is from a reference photo taken in Paris, France.  Actually the photo has two windows, but I decided to combine them into one.  I liked the left one that was partially open, but preferred the window box from the right.  Artistic license at it again!

Window in Paris


Rose Herczeg Window Boxes In the Latin Quarter Paris France found on PaintMyPhoto.  Including it here so you can see the full reference.  Wish I had the time, patience and talent to paint both windows and the lovely stonework.  Perhaps I’ll try it again sometime. Definitely a first for wrought iron!




Finally, very pleased to report that Mid-Summer Night’s Gardenia is on the way to Germany.

Thanks for sharing the journey.  Enjoy - life is joy we make one moment at a time,