Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Alice in Wonderland

With prompting from an artist friend, I’m entering a show in Falls Church VA.  A bit out of the ordinary now that I’m painting small.  So Alice, I guess we better get big!  Luckily, I happen to have a few favorites that I’m willing to share and hope they find a new home.  It’s nice to have the joy of creating something and then enjoying others having it for their own.  The parting is still a struggle that never seems to get easier. I don’t have a photo of the second painting, but will try and post it tomorrow. 


Celebrating 10 years of Art in Falls Church  – DECADEnt All-Member Show

April 5-28, 2013.  410 S. Maple Ave. Falls Church, VA 22046


I love this painting because of the strong contrast of the bright, warm tulips against the cold, dreary window – you can just feel Spring getting ready to erupt.  BTW, the photo is accurate, it's painted in the Macchiaioli (Italian) style that was a precursor to French Impressionism.  See, something to learn every day!

Ah, Spring Time



Back to getting small again - working on the “barn” painting from last Sunday – still too early to ask about it. . .  not sure if it’s going to survive, but will take a few more stabs at it later this week.