Sunday, August 25, 2013

30 in 30 Challenge!



I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but what the heck . . .   You all know I love challenges and hope I can meet this one without too many "yucks."  Artist Leslie Saeta is running a September event to paint 30 paintings in 30 days.   Including me, 174 artists have already signed up.  Each thumbnail will take you to the artist's blog and gallery.  You can click here to see them all (scroll down a bit).   Leslie is an amazing artist and has quite a following so I'm sure you'll enjoy the virtual gallery she is creating with this challenge.

The hardest thing for me is figuring out what to paint.  Leslie has the great advice to plan everything out ahead of time, make a schedule, provision for contingencies / pitfalls, expect emergencies, get organized, commit, and just do it!!!.  Sounds like an artist Project Manager!

More to come. . . .   I plan to post most (if not all) to Daily Paintworks and put them on auction.  I am getting "out of the box" and painting things I'm not used to and just going-for-it in the spirit of the challenge.  Egads, 30 paintings - feel free to comment your "what to paint" ideas, I definitely need them!

Well in case you need a painting to motivate you (a blog always needs some sort of eye candy, don't you think?), here's one on auction that I cannot believe hasn't been gobbled up yet.  One of my favorites.  


Salsa Plan 
on auction

Okay get ready for daily blog emails for a while, Enjoy!