Sunday, August 18, 2013

Update and News

Okay, I haven’t painted lately, but planning to do so today – nice rainy, got nothing else to do kind of day!

About the shows I mentioned a few weeks ago.  One is quite unusual – Amazon Web Services is opening an office building in Herndon and asked the local art community to submit art for their new office space.  An employee panel voted on the accepted art (nearly 300 pieces) and then the other employees will vote on the ones Amazon will purchase.  The piece I submitted was not accepted, but I volunteered at the “intake event” and got to see some incredible art and meet quite a few artists.  I am still WOWed at how rare it is to meet so many artists and talk with them about their art.  

The other show, Art at the Mill (Berryville, VA), is in October.  It is held twice a year, about 300 artists and over 1,000 pieces of art – plus it's a wonderful season to head out to the Shenandoah Mountains.  I am thrilled that two of my pieces were accepted!   

Complementary Pair  
20 x 16 inches, oil on canvas

Redheads for Tea 
6 x 6 inches, oil on Gessobord



One last note – another blog carnival featuring A Day in the Life of several artists, is below.  I opted out, but I bet there are some interesting stories . . . .    oh, I heard there might be a few giveaways worth checking out.



Cindy MichaudJo MacKenzieChristine ParkerMarla Laubisch
Joanne GrantKevin LarsonCindy WilliamsSharon Graves
Sally BinardKaren Johnston

Enjoy!