Tuesday, September 10, 2013

30in30 – J 4 Jar

I sure thought I would get a chance to catch up over the weekend, but was "overcome by events" as they say.  The days were filled up with creating a presentation for a prospective consulting job and a wonderful afternoon with my small art club.  The summer is always a challenge for our club, so it was especially delightful to finally get together.  Oh, and did I mention that my sweetheart bought me a new PC?  It has a ton of storage (need that for all those photos) and it is super fast!  Now working through the transition to a new operating system and software upgrades. . . . oh what fun!


Back to the 30in30. The letter "I" just would not cooperate at all (I think it was secretly reading my blog about the Banana)!  So, scratch that and move on to the letter "J."  Well that presented another set of challenges.  This time I decided to paint a glass jar I've always loved, but it has eight sides and I decided that it would be fun looking down on it - someone told me the best still life paintings are from this angle.  Probably two poor choices at the same time - I'm really trying to be fearless and learn a lot during this challenge.  For what it's worth, here is the painting.  If it really grabs you, leave a comment and let's talk!

Jar From the Top Down


Stay tuned, the letter "K" is lurking out there beckoning me. . . .


Click here for the artists participating in Leslie Saeta’s challenge (Day Ten).