Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30in30 – C 4 Chili in Repose

What’s up with the produce these days?  Yesterday the banana had way too much attitude and now this chili wants to just lay there and bask in the super LED spotlight!  I love painting chilies and am hopelessly in love with the red ones.  Maybe they are like the middle-child, secretly saying “paint me, paint me.”   Finding the red ones this early in the season is difficult around here, so could not pass it up. . . Harris Teeter to the rescue again.  

I’d like to point out that this one had the cutest “toe” which seemed more like a chili-kick-stand or perhaps a red high heel peeking out.  LOL. . .   I love the way the light went under the "toe" and through to the shadow side.  I hope I captured that part – it is pretty subtle.

Chili in Repose
click to bid



Click here for all the artists participating in Leslie Saeta’s challenge.