Sunday, September 15, 2013

30in30 – M 4 Martini - More Olives Please



Thank goodness for the alphabet - it has really helped me figure out what to paint and more importantly keeps me focused on the goal.  This is day 14, so almost half-way there. I am learning a ton, getting to practice a lot, and going WAY outside of my comfort zone.  Interestingly, it's enlightened me on how many different objects there are to paint.  It may not sound like much, but I knew there would be subtle things that would be art-altering, and I think this is one of them.  Like most things in life, you just have to give it a try and then give it some time.   Keep it simple, have no fear, enjoy the process!   Really who cares if it flops or flourishes?  Methinks (I love that word) we are our own worst critics.




Martini - More Olives Please




You decide - I don't have to know and you don't have to bring it up, okay?



This was really fun to paint.  I fell in love with the shadow (big surprise there).  I Googled a lot of martini photos and started to notice that if your perspective is just below the object, that you can see the reflection of the olives in the surface.  Complicated but oh so fun!   To get this set up right, I had to put a small table on top of my big table and then put a box on top of that to get the perspective at just above eye-level.  Loving this, you'll see more.  

Enjoy!